The Coordinator will support the Communications department's meeting planning and outreach functions. The Coordinator will be responsible for administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and coordinating projects that support events, exhibits and outreach. Specific responsibilities include assistance with a sponsorship program, assistance with program meetings and conferences, and researching, tracking, and reporting on stakeholders and partner organizations.
We are an award-winning nonprofit organization dedicated to addressing tobacco use, our nation's number one preventable cause of disease and death. We are building a team of smart, creative and passionate professionals who represent diverse backgrounds and disciplines to help us speak, seek and spread the truth about tobacco.
You cross each t and dot each i'even when time is short'and take pride in a job done well. You consider yourself to be a high energy, diplomatic and proactive with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Working as part of an effective team motivates you, but it's not your style to shy away from what you can do individually. You are thoughtful and passionate about the challenges of our time, and appreciate your community and the world around you. The way you see the world, the future looks bright and you have a plan to achieve it.
THE DAY-TO-DAY STUFF:
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external contacts and maintain positive professional relationships while performing tasks such as calendar management, screening telephone calls, and responding to inquiries. Exercise diplomacy, confidentiality and good judgment.
- Coordinate scheduling, and assist with logistical arrangements for internal and external meetings and events. Assist with catering orders, meeting invitations and agendas, and meeting summaries.
- Traffic and process, in a timely manner, estimates, check requests and invoices for approval and payment. Reconcile and process billing statements from American Express, vendors, and hotels and restaurants.
- Assist with the organization's on-line travel platform by serving as liaison between customer service personnel and Truth Initiative staff. Make staff travel arrangements and monitor trips, as requested.
- Assist with the sponsorship process and execute approved sponsorships. Maintain a log of all sponsorship requests; process sponsorship paperwork, invoices and payments; and fulfill sponsorship benefits.
- Assist with planning and execution of meetings and events, including conference exhibits. Maintain meeting supplies, giveaways and hardware (i.e. exhibit booth) and box, ship and track, as needed.
- Assist with outreach to stakeholders and support relationships with key partner organizations. Conduct research on potential partners, produce and circulate stakeholder tracking documents, and assist with partner communications.
- Perform other duties based on the needs of the Expertise Center and the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of experience in a public relations agency, events company, or nonprofit organization. Must have strong organizational skills; a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects; excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and information clearly; and outstanding attention to detail. Candidate should have demonstrated proficiency with common software programs. Some travel and the ability to work a flexible schedule when needed is a requirement. Candidate must be able to lift 25-30 lbs.
Salary is commensurate with experience with an excellent benefits package offered.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and salary history.
SVP of Human Resources
Attn: Coordinator, Communications
900 G Street, NW, Fourth Floor
Washington, DC 20001
Fax: (202) 454-5597
No telephone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share this Page